View Single Post
04-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Here are the basic problems I see in your approach. Please forgive me if I seem rude, I'm not trying to be.
  • Your forum post seems thrown together. Try to make it flow more.
  • Your portfolio site does not look good. You need to get a design there.
  • You dont showcase your skills, you have a few HTML examples and leave us to take your word on the PHP part.
  • One of your links is a empty domain
  • The code you do have in your site doent validate and is very messy. Most serious clients look at this. Although I dont think you knew that it didn't validate (see next point).
  • You used MS word to code your site, the meta tag matches the one I found when saving a .doc as a .html. <meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered)">
  • The code on gametoast is terrible. I don't want to accuse you of this because it may be wrong, but it looks just like the MS word generated code on your portfolio, just without the meta tag
With this, you will never get clients. No one is going to hire a coder who has their portfolio coded in MS word. Your portfolio is the first impression your client gets of you and the quality of your services. They know this and assume that your portfolio works are slightly better than what they will get.

Bottom line, you don't come across as a skilled programmer. Until you come across as skilled and professional, you wont get any respectable business.