View Single Post
04-26-2008, 07:53 PM
StormCat is offline StormCat
Expertise:
Software:

StormCat is on a distinguished road

Old

Thank you to both of you (and anyone else who choses to chime in). As I mentioned in my initial post, I've already learned XHTML, CSS, and javascript, I just need to play with them a bit more to get in practical experiance. I've seen most of the requests for stuff like C++ and such in the gaming/animation industry.

solarisedesign, I actually do have a bit of a programming background from years and years ago - BASIC, quikBASIC, & turboPASCAL, not that I remember much of the specifics offhand, but they've given my a good base to work from when I first got into HTML, UNIX, actionscript, lingo, some proprietary thing Coke tried to use at one point, & MEL scripting (the latter is an animation scripting language). Are mootools, jquery, etc, basically like libraries? (library tools rock, and are another thing that helped a lot when I worked for Coke)

Village Idiot, I want to learn these kinds of things for a few reasons. One reason is because most of the jobs available in my area right now are requiring these languages; for the few that are design oriented, designers who are familiar with advance coding languages are given preference over those who don't. Also, it'll increase my flexibility as a designer, both in the range of what I am capable of doing myself, and in understanding the requirements of designing things to make it easier for any advanced coders I might work with to do what they need to do.