View Single Post
05-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

ok so a lot of you seem to hate me know, as I was the client.

I've seen a lot of you say I'm an idiot or that BoxedPixels was more than fair and I was in the wrong, but as some one stated there's always two sides to the story...
FiveInteractive thought that BP was fair untill he read my side of the story over at:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=406986

Perhaps the others of you that have posted here can do so also.

I'll just write about my side of the story.
I loved the banner BP had made for me but unfortunately couldn't pay until the following Saturday (5 days later) because my bank had made some kind of error and I wasn't able to withdraw any funds. I apologized and BP was good about it.
I didn't really look at the banner until Saturday when I sent the money to boxedpixels.
Now, BP has said that he provided me with all the source files for the banner. But he only did after we argued and I asked for them because I had to make this small 2 minute change myself. All I had was the .gif file until I had to ask for the psd's, he did not email them to me after he received payment.

Furthermore, if I did write the order of text wrong down in the AIM chat then that would have been my error, BP showed me the order that I had apparently written the text in and even if I did write it in that order, he still put it in the wrong order on the banner even though he claimed to copy right from the aim chat.

As the first line that I apparently put to go first was
"100% Free Online Articles That Actually Help!"
But still the first line in the rotating text he had was
"And Let Experianced Freelancers Guide You!"

So even if I did put the order wrong he cannot blame me as he still made the mistake of putting the text in the wrong order anyway. Also the order he put did not make any sense, he should have been able to see that.

BP argued with me that he was getting paid next to nothing for the banner, well as others have said you cannot blame me for that! You make the prices, not me!

At the topic over at WHT, he reported me for giving my opinion, others had given theirs about how good he is and I gave mine, he shouldn't have reported me for warning others.

In the aim chat when I asked him to make changes, BP called me a little boy who doesn't know about the industry and sits on my PC all day trying to make $50.
I ran my own web hosting company for 2 years and have worked as customer / technical support for a few hosting companies, I have done a lot of design over the years and have learnt loads, I'm still learning about the 'industry' as he would call it, as anyone is and also as he is, but he cannot say I know nothing about the industry.
Also he should not get in a mood saying that I'm nothing but a 14 year old who knows nothing and is very immature, especially as im 15, and am not.

It was a very minor job which could have been totally avoided if BP gave up 2 mins of his time to make the changes, instead all I got was "The banner has been completed"

I hope all of you can see my side of the story, I'm not going to post in this thread again unless somebody says something drastic as it's just becoming a childish argument which I have no wish to be part of.

Thanks,
How2Freelance.