View Single Post
05-07-2005, 03:11 AM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

xdoomx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xdoomx Send a message via MSN to xdoomx

Old

My first ever business would be SleekSkins, it was a project that we started discussing in October 2004, we wanted to bring something new to the forum skinning scene, beeing tired of seeing EP sell their low quality skins for $30 and people actually buying them. When we first started, we wanted to basically be a store where you can buy pre-made skins for $20-25, for some reason a few months lates, in December/January we kinda decided to forget about the project and it never came to life. In March, we decided to start this for real, we gathered the original team that was supposed to be working on it and on April 3rd we launched, this time as a custom forum skins company. It was a huge success ever since we launched, with a constant work load that nearly is too much for our small staff. As of right now we have worked with over 10 clients in one month and we keep receiving a decent amount of requests. After only two weeks we had to hire a new coder to keep up with the work load that was getting too big. Since we started, our prices have more than doubled considering the high demand, forcing us to decline some offers. Hopefully thing will keep getting better and better for us and we're looking forward to expanding both our staff and services, we've got many projects in head, one beeing the SleekSkins store which should be launched sometime this summer.

Yup, that's how I went from a 16 years old kid with too much free time to an extremely busy business man, it's amazing how much it all changed my life.