View Single Post
10-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

When I first used HTML it was about 3-4 years ago, when I was in this wrestling thing, and you could use HTML on the boards they posted on, but at that time I didn't realise what it could be used for.

Then I accidentally found the "View Source" when I was just looking around Internet Explorer and I noticed that the writing on there looked similar to the things I was writing on these wrestling boards, so I started to explore.

Then I learnt about tables, but I have never been very good at them. By this point I had downloaded Microsoft Frontpage, because some people had told me about it and I was interested in making websites. (Silly mistake to learn using a WYSIWYG.)

So I started copying the source code and pasting it into Frontpage's HTML view and changing things around and see what would happen. I learnt quite a lot from doing this, but none of it was practical, as in creating web pages from scratch.

Then I stopped for a while, found other interests etc. But then I started getting back into it, and learnt about XHTML, read up about it, and started trying it practically, writing it myself instead of using Frontpage. I'm still learning, but I am a lot better now at it. I bought a book at the beginning of this year to learn from and use it as a reference if I need it, but now I am gaining more confidence by coding more complicated layouts.