View Single Post
03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
u2mike is offline u2mike
Expertise:
Software:

u2mike is on a distinguished road

Old

Lol, reminds me of when my father needed a website for his company. He phones me up and asks if I can do one. My response was I'm not that good of a designer and I didn't really have the time. So a few days later he tells me he found someone who can do it for $50/page. I thought thats a reasonable price as it comes with free updates and modifications for a year.

Then he gives me the designers website. It was a page with a blue background, the only graphic he had on the page was a line dividing the navigation from the content. The content itself was done in all sorts of colors, the best part was the parts of text colored blue, yes, the same color as the background. The portfolio was just as horrific with wierd breaks in paragraphs, text you colored so you could barely see, horrific spelling (not that I'm that great a speller but there are such things as spell checks). The first website I ever made was better then his entire portfolio. I honestly do not know how people can make any money off designs that awful.