View Single Post
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

Originally Posted by BetaOrge View Post
If you have to ask a designer community if you should get a mac than you don't want one. 90% of the people here are designers and probably fell for Apples advertising scheme of getting all the designers and developers to buy a Mac. Everything you can do on a Mac you can do on a PC, but not everything you can do on a PC you can do on a Mac.

I would stay where you are and spend the $2000 buying a new mac on something that can actually effect your live, buy some furniture or a new website to make money. Or spend it fixing up your current site.

As you can clearly see I am not a Mac fan boy and therefore my comments are probably harsh. I do not wish to argue on my stance I am simply providing it to the thread creator as a "stance point".

- Steve
Who else was he to ask then? Was he supposed to say, don't reply if you are a designer or developer because I don't need your input because it will be biased. What other input does he need then?

If your going to say everything you can do on a Mac you can do on a PC, then you can say the EXACT same thing for vise versa. I have been able to be more productive by ten fold on a Mac. With TextMate and CSS Edit alone. You could say I am being biased, but he is asking us for our opinions and why he should get one.

Not only do applications on the Mac run natively fast (in my opinion, which Windows applications run fast as well). The only install process on a Mac is drag and drop (unless they need to install bootloaders, etc.), and to delete, you can just put it in the Trash. That simple, not 5 minute uninstalls, or 5 minute installs.