View Single Post
10-30-2010, 10:57 PM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Cut back on the # of forums

This is just my opinion, but I think there are way to many forums/sub-forums considering the low income of new posts/threads per day. Honestly I only see about 10-15 new posts a day (correct me if I'm wrong) and about 20-30 forums/sub forums.

I've read (and always followed) that you're supposed to start out with a few forums and then expand as the activity grows. I think you guys should cut back on the number of forums (well mainly sub-forums) by generalizing and combining them.

For instance, We have the programming forum with 6 sub-forums. Do we really need 7 forums to hold 10-20 new threads this month? Why not just have just one forum for programming as a whole. People label what the threads are about in the thread title anyway. Same goes with "Graphic Design and Multimedia", I think you could clean up the market place too. I don't see a point in have Budget Sub-forums (thats just me though, i'm sure a lot of people like the budget idea).

Anyway, you guys (and jordan) get the point. This is just my opinion, and in my experience it has always worked well. It would make the forums look a lot more active and threads would be a lot more accessible for people who don't look very deep.