View Single Post
07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Jeroen G is offline Jeroen G
Expertise: Website design
Software: Photoshop

Jeroen G is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I'm a loyal visitor of SM aswell, and I have to agree with you on the quality of posts going down lately.

A while ago (can't specifically tell you how long) I visited SM to see awesome posts daily that I really WANTED to read 100%. Now there's just posts that I scan through quickly to see if there might anything interesting in them after all, which most of the time, is not the case.

It looks like the place is going downhill because they ran out of original topics to talk about. I see a lot of 'showcase' posts, which are nice but are not of the high quality that was there before.

I have the Smashing Book. If you want a completely new experience with things you've never read before: Don't buy it. The book is more of a really useful collection of information from the GOOD posts on SM. Things like usability tips, some theories on typography, colour, navigation and conversion strategies. I haven't read the whole thing, it's more of a book to have laying next to you when you work, so it's there to scan through when you want to.