View Single Post
07-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Gille View Post
I'm thinking you guys don't have a clue what widgets are in WordPress... Widgets is not a way of coding, it's a plugin. It doesn't matter if you put it in lists or in divs... It's a WordPress plugin that lets you add sidebar items dynamically without having to edit your source-code.

Those saying widgets don't allow flexibility are wrong. If you are unable to use widgets, it's either because it would have no purpose or it is because of poor code. It is easily possible to have n sidebars, and to be able to "widgetize" them all.

For a clear definition, visit this page.
Ok champ, setup a widgetized side bar using sIFR without hacking the widget code. Oh, what's that? It isn't flexible enough? Noooo, you don't say!

Here is an easier one... set the widgets to use images for their titles (without individual classes)... What? Can't do that either? Oh my!

Include the blogroll via widgets, but instead call it "My Online Friends" What? You can't simply change the title? My, what a bummer, and here you said it was soooo flexible... ,

The one thing about TF is you can always count on people who don't have a clue to spout off (as if they actually know something) on things they know nothing about - it's called Dunning-Kruger syndrome.