View Single Post
06-11-2011, 04:58 AM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Hi Peter,

I am a surprised by the decision, but I am definitely not taking it personally. I know how to take the positives out of criticism, and that's exactly what I will do. I will take it as a learning experience and try to improve my game. There is really nothing else that I can do except than to try harder.

I am sorry you are not enjoying the community as you did before and I hope that you change your mind (or I prove you wrong - either way I'll be happy) as we move forward with the plans we set early on (yeap, the same ones we are still working on).

It has certainly been a pleasure working with you, even though for such a brief period of time. And thank you!
Artashes,

I really believe you have the right attitude. Although, I agree that things may have been slow so far, you're definitely moving in the right direction. It seems like you guys are a very tough crowd. A LOT of complaining and criticism - and not much help.

At the end of the day, members come and go, and that is not going to break this place. TFL still gets decent traffic (guesstimating) and I think that needs to be converted properly. Perhaps have a more detailed look at the analytics and see what these visitors are visiting for - tailor the website to these guys.

Your running a neat competition and aiming high with it. You're getting a whole new skin developed - providing plenty of new functions to the website and I really hope it works out for you.

Peter, I think it is quite unfair to make a post like this. You're a popular member of the forum, but why - oh why - are people so pessimistic! All this post will achieve is a couple of sobs and can only be detrimental to members' attitudes. Artashes has obviously invested quite heavily into this web property - and for you to burn that - and abuse your position of power - is wrong. By all means you're entitled to your own opinions - but seriously - is it your place to put Artashes down like this in front of the rest of the community?

What this place needs is a change in attitude of its members and a better targeting and understanding of what the MAJORITY of visitors want. The new skin Chris has done may or may not achieve that, something needs to change. Sure. But give the guy a chance to implement his vision without obstacle after obstacle - you're just making it harder for him!

Best of luck Artashes and Bye bye Peter.

Thanked by:
Artashes (06-11-2011)