03-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Aphex is offline Aphex
Expertise:
Software:

Aphex is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Aphex Send a message via MSN to Aphex

Old

Originally Posted by dereklapp
you know, it's pretty simple... 13 years of commercial experience, plus a personal relationship against what? a couple years in school or dabbling around in your free time? would you let someone who read about performing sugery off the net for a couple years, maybe practicing on some stuffed dummies take the knife to you? i wouldn't.
You make a lot of sense here, but theres a huge difference between surgery and web design. It doesn't matter how long you've been doing it - its whether or not you have the creative talent and an eye for what looks good.

Students are praised for playing sports even though they most likely are going to wind up doing something stupid when they figure out they aren't going to 'make it big'. Just like I can say I've been a student for 12 years - doesn't make me a great student, does it?

I think a public school paying 125k for an online thing that will probably do absolutely nothing for the school is a HUGE waste of money for the taxpayers. I know that any one of us could do an amazing job and not even come remotely close to 125k price. No design is worth that... unless its 2Advanced :O (jk).