View Single Post
09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
vVv is offline vVv
Software:

vVv is on a distinguished road

Old

Infighting isn't always a bad thing though, every community has that, and especially when you have huge member base with many different characters as well. Some times it's good to have the mouth battles between others in a community, to relieve the stress and make various points and arguments. I know it's not "fight club" either of course, but it is the internet after all, and a community with many various characters lol.

I've been gone a year from here just so busy with real life issues, went through emails and noticed I had joined here a year ago, came back to the same things as I've left it. To me, in *any* community, if the admins aren't really showing any backing of their words to the community, the community itself starts to fade away and continues to fade away too.

It only takes a few members, especially the ones in higher positions to lead a forum into it's "death". And from what I seen in previous posts before, this place has been in a "coma" for years, and it's only a matter of time before the "family" pulls it off life support. All these promises that were spoken of year or years ago, still really haven't been done either, which only makes the community members even more doubtful, especially considering the track record(s) of previous owner(s).

It should only take a 48 hours max to make forum organizing changes, re-naming of forums. Should only take week or two (possibly) at max time for redesigning and coding the new design (if given a good coder), and less than 24 hours to upgrade the script. The content that's lacking isn't necessarily the owners job though, that's the community member's job itself. It's them that should be contributing to the site itself to improve it. The owner of course can or should maybe nudge this along? I'm not sure, but that's just my thoughts.

But I think the stalling or putting off by the community member's efforts to put forth good quality content is also because of the track record with previous and current owners too. "Why bother helping them, when they can't help themselves, nor help us as community members?" The crap rolls down hill, and from what I see the general members are always catching the crap and buried alive in it. They're tired of the crap, they want it flushed and forgotten and to be able to revive this place again and have it thriving. I sure hope to see some great changes here soon though!

Thanked by 2 users:
Artashes (09-26-2012), Salathe (09-16-2012)