View Single Post
06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Mark Bolyard View Post
As one of the "Elder" members here, I have to agree on the side of no comments unless it pertains to the sale. There is a Critique area on TalkFreelance, there is a General discussion area on TalkFreelance, why allow discussion that doesn't involve gaining more info regarding the sale, making an offer etc... at all. I posted a wordpress theme just the other day, and not 5 minutes went by before someone posted something along the lines of you'll be lucky to get your asking price"... then I IMed them on MSN, and they changed their comment to something more positive, but honestly I was so ****ed off that it didn't make things right.

I enjoy TF as a community, and I might not have 1000's of post, but I've been here almost daily to see everything that's been happening to the community. I've met some great members, been able to offer them some advice that I think has helped them grow as individuals and Freelancers / business people. There is no benefit to the seller to allow the commenting in the sales threads, other to get bumped and have their threads viewed more than perhaps a thread with no comments.

Sales threads that strike interest will get people asking questions, posting bids, etc... which will keep the "hot" items on top, and the "not so hot" items down on the thread list where they belong.

That's just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth, but I think a lot of people don't post their works here because of the commenting.... good or bad! You want to sell something, not read / get 20 notifications that someone posted "Great Design", "Good Luck", etc...
I agree with you but what you have to consider is it's a big task keeping a big MarketPlace clean, we can't always determine what posts are contributing to a sale thread or not. If someone makes a post saying "Looks nice, I'll think about it" 9 times out of 10 they probably are not going to think about it but the seller may still want to know that they might be interested.

As for posts like what you mentioned such as "Good luck" and "Looks nice", sure they are un-needed but atleast they are not damaging a sales thread like the negative comments are. We have to do things one step at a time and the negative comments have to be taken care of first and foremost as they are the ones that are really hurting the MarketPlace.

It's also the reason I'd personally like to see members take better care of their own threads by reporting posts that they don't want in their thread weather it's negative or spam. If the thread starter reports its or gives a shout to a member of staff then it will be taken care of