View Single Post
11-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Services cost different amounts even in the same field. Surely you would not expect me to charge what would be a fair rate for someone who has one year of experience. The demand for my coding services and that of a newbie have little to do with each other even though we may both do PHP.
The system is for selling products, be it script, design, copy writing or whatever. It has nothing to do with those wanting to hire/hire me threads.

I dont see the benefit of that system. The system as shown is good for it's purpose, to assist in the price of non-unique digital goods. Most of the designs being sold here are unique so supply and demand has nothing to do with their price. Different designs are of different quality and can appeal to markets that have very different financial realities. The overall marketplace does fluctuate up and down, but that is an inductively reasoned statement, one can not based off of that statement deductively reason that all designs must go cheaper.
If I'm selling a script/design/whatever and I want to sell it unique, I'll hit a switch when making the listing and do just that, otherwise the option of selling your work in mass is very beneficial.

- It gives sellers the opportunity to continuely sell their work. (new revenue stream)
- Opens the door to a new market of buyers.
- Its easily a vast improvement to the marketplace, and I see no other marketplace like it?

Again, the system wouldn't be mandatory.