View Single Post
02-07-2005, 11:32 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I'm just starting to get into coding and i would like to know what everyone thinks about these products. I have always heard how awful frontpage is and just this evening a few of my friends told me that dreamweaver is just as bad, is this true? I always thought it was a decent package to learn from!
if you don't understand the language without them, yes they really are.

someone who can create something from scratch (by hand in notepad for exampl) can use front page just as effectively as deamweaver as notepad. the reason these became popular is because is saved typing time. 3 clicks can give you the core table structure for a website. it's just eaiser than typing out <table cell.... manually. i only go by hand, because i use tableless structures anyways, so i don't gain very much. plus, it keeps me sharp to stupid quirks i find.

the problem is, then things like kazaa came out and everybody got them without having a single clue how to use them, and they've becoms as degrated as lense flairs to the industry.

it's a general rule of thumb for anything: if you don't know what you're doing, you're going to **** up. period. if you want to spend the money to get them, go right ahead. there's nothing wrong with them. but make sure you know the langaue or you're paying money to screw up where you could screw up for free. +)