View Single Post
11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old  Boot Camp - Low FPS

Hey, got a puzzle some of you may be willing to have a crack at.

I am running Boot Camp on my Mac Pro, which has two NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics cards with 256MB memory. I installed Windows on it, and then used the Leopard CD to update all of Window's drivers. Once I did this, I did a video stress test on Counterstrike: Source, and I got around 25.54 average FPS, which I thought was pretty low and disappointed me for two graphics cards.

My friend however, is running Boot Camp also with Windows on his iMac, and gets around 85FPS on the video stress test, he is running only one ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory. So I compared the two, seen at the link here:

http://tinyurl.com/29ho98

The only thing is that I think that is the XT version of the card, but still it should be similar.

My question - his card shows higher than mine in the benchmarks, but I have two of the card, so shouldn't I be getting somewhere near him? Or does two cards make no difference? It may also be worth noting, that I have one display plugged into one card, and another display plugged into the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Seb