View Single Post
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi Salathe,

Thanks for your comments/suggestions on the new rules.
I've been making a couple amendments (they're going to be an ongoing project from here on out) you'll find I've made it more clear in areas you've suggested.

As for advertising in the introductions forum, this is something that has been frowned upon but not necessarily enforced (be it staffing levels, lack of effort, or sheer oversight -- who knows). I've place a rule, more of a notification, that users still require 25 posts to post in the MWA forum as well as amended the rule stating that it pertains to the MP and Signatures.

As for Community Rules 7, I understand where you're coming from. I've adjusted it to say it's at the staffs discretion as to where the line is drawn as well as to have members report thing they're uncomfortable seeing in the forum. I think healthy discussion about said activities is fine, but when it becomes discussing the procurement or enacting of certain offenses (ie. warez) is where that is coming from -- it's hard to put that into words.

As for the 'reinforcing/positive' comments in the marketplace, I think we will be leaving this one open for right now to see how the community acts. If it becomes one of the major spots where the newbies come to 10-post their way into the marketplace we will be making a revision, but yet for now it's free game; however, it will have to adhere to Community Rule 6 and be constructive to remain (see disclaimer 2 at top of rules page).

I can see where your concern comes about the totaling of the points for the scenario given, I will be updating it to be a bit more clear. Though yes, under the current rules and infraction structure a user may be subject to multiple infractions based upon one action.

I will add a note at the top of the rules referencing the fact that not all forums increase your post total.

Regards,
Jeff