View Single Post
05-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old  TalkFreelance MASSIVE Rules Change

TalkFreelance.com members,

The staff have reviewed and now revised the rules base and some changes to how discipline works within these forums has changed.

http://www.talkfreelance.com/rules.php

We have moved to a method which will be heavily based off of the infraction system already in place.

Each one of the rules now carries a defined consequence that you are subject to should you break the rule which we administrators will be having the subsequent staff adhere to.

** The infraction given will be titled based upon the section of rules you have violated. Should you have any question about which specific rule (number) the infraction refers to, reply to the notification.

We will slowly be getting all rule pages converted over to the new set once we seek them all out and then modify them. Should you see a section within the site where the old rules are still displayed please contact me directly via PM.

The new system will apply an appropriate ban according to the number of points that you have accumulated. This hierarchy has been in place for quite a while now, but to make you all aware:

At three (3) points you receive a 1 day ban (visit to the Sin Bin forum).
At six (6) you then take a 3 day vacation.
Then with 9 points you will enjoy a week off.
Twelve (12) points - two weeks banned.
Fifteen (15) points - one month banned.
Eighteen (18) points - three months banned.
Twenty one (21) points - permanent ban.

** I shouldn't have to say this; however, there are cases where staff will evaluate a member's status within the forum and ban according should we see fit.

All points given for community and marketplace violations do not expire. Signature rule violations will expire after three months (ultimately decreasing your point total).

You will find that some rules carry an automatic permanent ban (21 points).

Any questions or concerns can be brought to this thread, or directly to myself via private message.

We are currently working on revising the marketplace forums, the guides as well as the stickies found within those forums. I will be adding to the F.A.Q over the next few days, so should you run into a new member looking for answers please direct them to the FAQ, the Rules or educated them appropriately - Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

ALSO watch for the marketplace to be revised later tonight.