02-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old  Staff Resignations

Hi folks,

This post is being written on the behalf of Salathe, Village Genius and Garyrae who have made the difficult decision to step down from their staff positions here at TalkFreelance. As of you reading this message, they are no longer responsible for fulfilling any staff duties here.

The reasons for doing so are personal to each and I can only really speak for myself if any explanation is required. I've been a member here for a very long time, right back to when Anthony Bullock was first building the site, back in 2004. Throughout that time, I've seen the community grow from very small to huge and flourishing, with later cycles of quiet periods and activity every year or two. It has been an honour to have had the ability to play my part in the daily running of the site over the latter part of those years. Reasons for finally coming to the decision are many and varied, and to be honest are not important, so will be glossed over in this post.

The timing might seem particularly odd, or perfect, depending on your viewpoint. The site is in the process of being sold (I repeat, the site is in the process of being sold) which makes, for me at least, a convenient point to step down. We all wish the new owner the very, very best for whatever they choose to do with the site and we, the staff stepping down, have offered to consult with the new owner should they wish our input.

It has been a huge pleasure (and a thankless, headache inducing task at times) to be admin here and for that I thank the entire community, past and present.

That's all from me, Salathe signing out.