View Single Post
03-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Salathe, and everyone on his band wagon...

You guys are missing the point of iTrader entirely. iTrader is simply to know whether a person has a good feedback rating for exchanges, etc. It is NOT to rate a person's design talent.

So, for your example of a guy selling 50 $5.00 templates. He gets 50 positive feedback because each and every trade went through. If you ask me, that's a great thing. This way, his potential clients know that every single one of his 5 dollar templates have sold, and that each transaction was smooth. Someone can judge someone's talent in their own taste and opinion.

If someone comes in with a $100.00 template, but with no positive feedback, who cares? They don't have a negative one either. It just shows the potential customer that he now has to judge the quality of the layout and see if it is worth the $100.00 - not if he or she has good feedback.

iTrader is simply to show that the person has done good transactions, and is not a scammer, or has done good business. It is not used to give an opinion on someone's personality, nor does it pertain to someone's talent.

I stand by my side that the marketplace needs this. So what if TFL was meant for "simplicity". Sorry, but that sounds like nothing more then an excuse. You can still have your simplicity. iTrader doesn't add any sort of complexity to the forums. It is merely an accessory that isn't madatory to fill out, or to look at. It's just a bonus.

And last time I checked, bonuses were good.