View Single Post
03-26-2012, 08:42 AM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old

I use talkfreelance similarly to you, to engage others, help / advise where and when I can. The marketplace is like a bonus tool. Years ago I used to use it to sell pre-designed psd's etc, but now that I've grown up a little bit and got a better understanding of the industry etc, I will only ever post to offer my services.

A recent post to the market place offering my services and saying that i've got availability, has proven to work this week as I received 4 new clients. Although sometimes I may post and not get any response. But even though that happens, it is still worth doing.

Talkfreelance, word of mouth leads, are the only type of new clients I get. I don't advertise anywhere else, I don't know anywhere else better. I do get clients coming back for more which is a great thing to have.

Other than that, I agree that the 'community' is about engaging with each other, helping each other out in a non-dribbble commentary fashion. It is also good to build long term relationships with fellow designers and developers.

90% of the people that I met from here, have dissapeared - literally.