View Single Post
03-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I suspect that some people just like to complain.

We're all taught to ask for opinions and this is very much part of the internet ethos. It's a good way to get buy-in from participants and it's also democratic. I don't exactly think autocracy rocks, but the minute you ask for an opinion about how to do anything you open yourself to choosing the wrong one, according to those who give you advice. Learning to ask for and act on opinions in a way that makes everyone happy. . .well, that takes years of practice and concentration.

As for why people hang out on the marketplace and aren't interested in engaging in conversation: I'm as clueless as you, for much the same reason. But of course, if the marketplace users never venture elsewhere...they'll never see your question and so won't respond to it.

;^)

(Plus, there's some fabulous statistic like 65% of all small businesses fail in the first year and 90% fail within the first 5. If people hang out in the marketplace because they think sell sell sell will keep their business going. . .well, that sort-of explains why they're not doing so well to begin with.)