View Single Post
03-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Well its true Standards have to be standard. While standards are only supported by less than 10% of the Browsers they are not such are they - they are general points. While standards are standard they are the standard usage of the system. The Standard usage of the system is Internet Explorer. Hence the standards are what Internet Explorer say.

It has to be said; because its true until your Firefox scum friends gain 50% of Browsers - which they aren't going to anyway. Microsoft Antispyware has been downloaded a fifth of the amount Firefox has in just over a Month. Its not a great deal and I myself have downloaded Firefox three times for Site Testing Purposes - I imagine that happens a lot.

However, Microsoft are in seriously with standards, as they don't want anymore Anti-Trust or Market Loss and you just know Internet Explorer 7 will be more Standards Compliant than Firefox - as it will have ActiveX. Visual Studio and ASP.NET have shown us this is what Microsoft are doing now. ASP.NET 2.0 even renders now in XHTML - what the standards say to render in. And all their Premade code is Standards Compliant with everything - even Disabled Users.