jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old  Logo Design for Music Webzine - $40

Name of the contest: Logo Design for Indie Music Webzine
Deadline: February 3, 2006
Prize/Delivery method: $40 paid through PayPal

Contest brief: I'm looking for a new logo for an indie music webzine I run (www.AudioXposure.com). It's not necessary, but I would prefer that the logo incorporate a play on the "X" in the site name, so I can change it up to be used with the site name or slogan as needed in my marketing materials. The slogan is "Xpose yourself!" (Current examples can be seen at www.audioxposure.com and www.myspace.com/audioxposure to see how I'd like to be able to position things.) It should be uncomplicated, because the logo will be used in various sizes and applications, such as in web form on the site, in addition to being printed as small as for business cards and possibly as large as a 2'x6' vinyl banner for live show sponsorships in the future. It needs to be able to work well on both black and white backgrounds, as we'll be selling both colored shirts and stickers with the site logo. Our target demographics are 18-34 year old males, primarily musicians. So the logo should have an "edgy" appearance (just nothing that looks soft, flowing, curvy, etc.). I'm not positive if I want the ".com" included or just "AudioXposure", although I'm leaning towards keeping it in. I'm flexible with that, so I wouldn't hold it against a design one way or the other. I'd prefer the final logo to be in a horizontal orientation. The font for the site name / slogan should be sans serif please. There's no specific font required. I think it's using Agency now, and I don't really care for it.

Colours: The color scheme for the site is blue, black, and white. The shade of blue should be vibrant and complimentary of the site as a whole (although it doesn't have to be the same shade as it is now).

Inspirations: The only inspiration I'm concerned with is that it fit in with the current design scheme of the site. We just underwent a major overhaul, and I don't plan on changing the design drastically anytime soon, with the exception of some minor tweaks that won't change the overall design.

Other information: I prefer Photoshop or Illustrator files. My main concern is that the image be scalable, so we have the option of creating the large vinyl banners later this year when we jump into show sponsorships. I'll also need to be able to edit the files for when and do and don't want to include the slogan, and so (if it ends up with the graphic placed on the "X") I can move the graphic's placement to either the name or slogan depending on the medium.

Contact information: You can contact me on aim at jhmattern or via email at editor@audioxposure.com. I check that account regularly throughout the day and evening, so I should be able to respond to you w/in a few hours at most.

Jenn