View Single Post
07-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

Listen guys, take a look at the envato marketplaces. They have a heavy review process involved before they allow their sellers to put products on their market places. Only problem here is that we'd be offering services as well as finished products.I think a very simple system can be set up.

Each product that is posted has to go into the moderation queue until it is approved by a Staffer. The moderator will need to be provided with the files for sale so that he can "verify" that the offer is legitimate.

I think in the long term when the market place activity gains pace you can charge a (small) fee (like %) on the verification process.

As for services the individuals can apply for it and be reviewed by a member of TFL staff and approved to post on the market place. They don't need to offer much to gain access. Just a portfolio and (maybe) some previous feedback from clients.

I think it will be easy for the staff to verify portfolio items if they have designers/programmers on board.

I really love the idea of exclusivity and selective listing of services and items, it means that you can guarantee a level of consistent quality to your community and when that gets recognized, I can say that you will see a lot of activity, however, don't even think of or suggest charging a listing fee as right now the TFL marketplace doesn't have much to offer.

Thanked by 2 users:
Gaz (07-27-2010), Jordan (07-27-2010)