View Single Post
11-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Spherions is offline Spherions
Software: Photoshop & phpDesigner

Spherions is on a distinguished road

Old

I first viewed this community as a guest nearly 3 years ago. It was a bustling and exciting community. I joined somewhere down the line, but never took up posting. Like someone said earlier, the demographic a site like this targets is 13-25, essentially the age division where people are not afraid of going out of their design boundaries.

The crummy issue about that is that some of the designs I see are lackluster, and some are absolutely brilliant. We can help each other improve our work, can we not? While I do not like vB4, it would be beneficial to upgrade, get a nice professional skin developed in-house, and everyone, including myself, make this place into the high-spirited arena of powerhouse design it used to be, so to speak.

I realize that I am a complete newbie to this forum and that my words may mean very little to some or most of you, but you can agree that with the proper amount of effort, this website can be revived into something amazing.

I have had the pleasure of talking to Artashes just once, truthfully only because I wanted to know the origin of his name, but just from his warm reception, I could tell weeks later when he purchased this website, that his goal was not to turn it into a piggy-bank to make him money, but to revitalize this site. Obviously ad revenue does come into play, but I imagined that he would be investing the earned money into the site to continuously improve it.

So with that said, I earnestly hope that I have not stepped on anyone's toes and am not criticizing anyone at all.

Edit: To remove the "Powered by vBulletin" line, you are required to purchase a branding-free option, which isn't terribly expensive.

Thanked by:
Artashes (11-28-2010)