View Single Post
01-23-2006, 04:17 AM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Of those three, I like the one in the bottom left (white background) the best. I'm fairly positive we're going to want the .com included though, which wouldn't work with that setup imo. Reason: the offset position would make it more difficult to simply view as a domain. I think it would look a bit unbalanced w/ the .com included, w/ the 'audio' on a different level. I'd like people to see the logo and instantly see AudioXposure.com, rather than have to piece it together. People already have a somewhat difficult time with our name, wanting to write it as Audio Exposure, so anything that would add confusion probably wouldn't appeal to the younger end of our demographics. As for the black background, it appears to be a lighter blue, and we lose some of the original contrast and it looks more 2-dimensional because we lose the added white over the blue background, which helps the 'X' jump out.

I think this is a really great concept. I don't mean to come across as critical. I think this would be an awesome design for a site that didn't want the letter included in the middle of the domain name, or even split like above, it would be great for a print publication. I do love your work, I just don't think it's along the lines of what we're looking for, especially when we're working with a long domain.

Closer to the deadline, I'm going to ask some of the freelance writers who help out with the webzine to take a look at the submissions. I'll make the final choice, but I value their opinions, and it could very well be that they'll think of some pros to a design like this that I haven't, or they may end up thinking of cons to a design that I initially love. I'll take all of that into consideration.

Thanks a lot!

Jenn