andrewsuzuki is offline andrewsuzuki
Expertise: design/development
Software: Coda, Photoshop

andrewsuzuki is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Lowengard View Post

1. Why are you starting a business?

2. What do you want from the business?

3. Who are you going to work for, anyway?
1. I'm interested in making some money this summer to fuel my many other interests...composing music, building bikes, and more.
Most freelance web designers of my type charge at least $500 for a basic web design. If I charge even as low as $100 I figure I'll attract a lot of people with low budgets. I enjoy web design and programming anyways, it's a hobby, and if I can make money while doing so, then I'll be very happy.

2. Business experience would be great. I'm interested to see just how much I can make in 3 months and see if you can actually make a living off of it

3. This is the trickiest part. It will be difficult to find clients, but I'm going to try to direct my attention to people who have crappy websites built ten years ago, maximized for Internet explorer 2 or netscape navigator. There are quite a lot of businesses in my area with these types of websites.

Can you help me on how to contact these businesses with poor websites? I want to let them know that their website is lacking, without offending them or their business. I want to make my offer appealing.

Thanks.