View Single Post
06-07-2009, 11:07 PM
The Rover is offline The Rover
Expertise: Domain Name Consultant
Software: Fireworks, Notepad, Firefox

The Rover is on a distinguished road

Old

In freelance web design using fireworks to create layered PNG's is actually very rare I don't know what research your basing your statements on but I doubt you trully know. You might think it's common because that's what YOU work with but in the freelance design world no, PSD is the majorly used file and I have never been asked to code, design, or even seen a layered PNG for sale before this thread.
Why has this turned into a debate on which file is more popular? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. And now you're questioning my knowledge of the industry? Just becuase you haven't worked with a png file, doesn't negate the fact that png files are extremely common in graphic design industry. What I'm I basing this on? Precisely 10 years of design experience, both as a freelancer as well as working for an agency. Are photoshop (psd) files more common? Sure they are. Does that mean that Adobe fireworks is a rare breed? Don't be ridiculous. It's extremely common, and as I've said before, I suggest that you do your research on the growing use of PNG files, and why it's increasing. You can start by viewing this thread.

I've worked with layered PNG's once or twice, they're not too bad but I'm not much of a fan when it comes to Fireworks. It's almost like giving an athlete asthma, I feel limited on what can actually be accomplished. Although, I must admit that I've seen some pretty amazing designs come from Fireworks, including the one for sale here.
Sorry, but the majority of any negative spin on fireworks just isn't accurate. Particularly for the more recent versions. Also just to clarify, a PNG file has been proven to be far superior in terms of quality. As far usability and options, fireworks is my personal preference for graphic work, just like hundreds of thousands of others. Again, thanks for posting your personal taste of choice when it comes to what you personally design with, however I don't think that's the basis of this thread, right? Nonetheless, thank you for your kind words about this design.

Just in case the irreverent posts made on this thread have confused anyone interested, there are ZERO downsides to purchasing this design as a PNG. The posts you see here are from individuals who are choosing to post their opinion as to which program they prefer to design/code in. This design can be coded just as easily as a PSD file. 99% of all reputable professional coding companies will accept a png file, as will countless freelancers.

If I sound curt, it's for right reason. Opinions are not to be posted within the marketplace.