View Single Post
10-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes, well thats why I thought a team of valued members would be unbiased.

The ideas behind voting based on code,accessibility and all the other things, is that we are trying to grow the members into people who consider more than just "wow, that site looks great!". Otherwise it simply becomes a "get all my mates to vote for me" fest, and no-one really develops and grows as a designer. I think that since there are a huge amount of web designers/coders in this forum that we should care. We aren't your run of the mill web surfers, we are the ones who are developing the internet into whatever shape/structure we want it to be. Plain ol' people who click on IE (because thats what their computer came with) and browse sites are the ones who should be voting based on "oh, that looks really nice". We, as developers, should be a lot more standards/accessibility/coding etc inclined. If not, why are we developers?

Maybe I am too serious and like to consider more than just simple aesthetics? Is it only me that thinks there is a LOT more to a web site design than simply looks? Is it only me that thinks that the extra factors we ALL should be considering are actually important? Are they not important?

Does this need to be simply a poll/vote fest? I don't know?