View Single Post
03-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Panther is offline Panther
Software:

Panther is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by derek.l
yes anybody can be a coder. it will come easier to some than others, but there's no mystical boundry preventing sombody from doing it. i picked up html when ifirst strated using it fairly easy, and i'm looking at people in my html class this semtester going crosseyed from learning how to contruct a table. => they're simply not picking up the syntax as clearly as i did and all the characters confuse them. show them a doctype and they think it's latin. it's just a matter of exposure and will power.

i'm going to have to sit down and have a long talk with you then, because i don't like your choice of words. i can design and code to a high standard and my knowleadge base is far from minimal when it comes to design or programming.

any idiot can learn to program something, it's layout a set of instructions. some will have better methods than others, but the end result is still the same. if you have the creativity for design, you should easily be able to construct and end result and figure out the steps to achieve it.

I entirely agree with dereck.l, programming does not require creativity to do. Basic math skills are sufficient to become a programmer. As of for designing, I think if you can at least copy someoneelse's work without the knowing how, your automatically a designer. Designing is basically like painting, its the way we intrepret the world around us, using those observations we can make cool things. An example would be the famous glass effect that's all over the www , if we never saw a ball, or a marble, or even a piece of metal there would not be any "GLASS" effect.