08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Baby Boy View Post
So you mean to tell me if you were to go buy a car, you'd take a great looking car with a so-so engine over a car with a alright look and a great running engine?

Since you picked a very odd way of comparing; I'll explain on the car subject. (Even though its a bad comparision. Engine should be the 'script' and the content as your stating should be the 'crap shoved inside.')

Of course not; but I have mechanic knowledge. People in general do not. So what do you think they expect? They look at the shiny paint job, the sparkling logo attached to the back of the car and how nice the inside is. Then they will hear about the engine. As long as the engine works and the consumer is told something positive about it; they like it.

Let's face it; if a car salesmen opened the hood for the average consumer, all they would see is a shiny..(or worn) engine. Consumers are more interested in appearance, potentionally how long you can run it for, and what they are told about it.

Selling a website involves getting interested partys. If you want to do weird comparisons; put a fat chick ugly girl and a pretty skinny girl at a party. Who do you think will get the most phone numbers?(Buyers)

Another one of your arguments is 'quality' comes first. How do you not think how your website looks and is presented reflects it's value and it's quality? You could be the greatest greatest man in the world; if you don't shower for a week; then the 'quality' part doesn't matter.