View Single Post
02-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jono1 View Post
I'm just curious - anyone who's bagging out Vista, have you *actually* tried it yet? I've been using it (the RC1 pre-release) since early september and I have never run into any problems with DRM - Windows Media Player plays the TV shows I get from the net just as well as VLC does, and iTunes plays my ripped CDs as well as music bought from the iTunes Store perfectly. It runs faster on my machine than XP ever did, it's a heck of a lot more stable, and old problems like networking with printers (not to mention other computers) just disappear.

Plus, once you've used the Start menu-based instant search, trust me, you will *never* want to go back to XP. Not to mention the process-level volume control, system clocks for up to three timezones, Vista Media Center...
Nope I've never tried it but seeing as I have never had any problems with XP I don't see a reason to upgrade yet. I've never had any networking or stability issues and I don't see how a search box on the start menu makes it one of those must have features (I don't use the search, I remember where I keep my files)