11-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
The thing is it's not just Firefox. *every* other browser (barring Lynx etc) displays it correctly. Internet Explorer is the only browser that displays it the way it does. I just don't see how you can continue to tell us that it gets it right all the time when it's simply not.
What I am trying to do is not completely clear to me either... I am saying Internet Explorer is right in its standard. Specifically, in its box model. Whether every other browser (a lot of browsers do make use of the Internet Explorer Engine and build from it, adding features; MSN Explorer most prominantly) does it the wrong way or not does not make the right way wrong? The way that makes sense is right, not the way the W3C says to do it.

Are you saying that when making a box, which though electronically that is what this is, you measure the box out, make it, and add the padding - padding that is there to protect the content - onto the outside of the box? How do you protect content with padding that is outside width of the box?