07-20-2007, 01:03 AM
masfenix is offline masfenix
Expertise:
Software:

masfenix has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to masfenix

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
You cant just back out of something, giving a deposit has an implied understanding that there is no going back, you are decided. Giving a deposit is there for security, so he cant just walk away on you, whats the point if you refund it to anything?

AMF, you clearly have no understanding of how a payment structure works. Youve never designed/programmed for someone with a deposit, have you? All of your solutions require the programmer to get burned and the client to get everything, even though hes the one who went back on the agreement.

From what I have read from your posts and AMF's, i think AMF has more experience.

You should give the money back. You might have done some work, but I'd rather have a happy customer then losing one.

You should refund him, and tell him if he gets interested later on, the price is gone up now since there have been more features added.

And try convincing him. theres no point of keep $40 when you can be making bigger bucks. You never know who he is in contact with, or if he might need something later on. If he feels like he trusts you, he will come back.

I wouldn't listen to half the people on here. Most of them are still highschool student. Granted I am a college student too, and only have 4 years of experience, I think refunding would be the right solution. Afterall your customer is not getting ANYTHING at the end is he?