View Single Post
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old  Talkfreelance Pre-Sale Stats etc

I'm not posting this in the consortium thread, as that seems to have gone enough off topic as it is!

To answer a few common questions that are being asked in that thread and via PM:

1/. Until I have fully worked out the in's and out's of the sale, and made them public in a seperate detailed thread, then I am not interested in recieving offers.

2/. I have no specific figure in mind that I am looking to obtain from the forum. I am of the opinion that something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so that my figure - IE it will go to open auction.

3/. The auction will be well publicised and I have no doubt will generate a lot of interest. Is it will be well publicised, this should provide a good boost to fourm members and activity - giving the boost that TF members would like, and at the same time, providing an added bonus to who buys the site.

4/. I'm holding back slightly on the exact sale details as it is going to be tied into something else I am currently working on. This is underwraps at the moment, and is pretty intricate - but again will make a lot of noise around the sale, and provide a further boost to TF activity and membership. This is something I have been working on for the past few days and before its all worked out there will be no further details on the sale - no matter how much you try and get info out of me When you finally see the details of this you will understand why.

5/. I will do everything I can to ensure that the new owner knows what he/she/they are doing, retains current staff and will be the person to take this forum where I have been unable to and all TF member want it to go.

6/. The www.semseosalad.com forum is now completely original content. The DB of users is maintained, for the many reasons I have previously posted about. Anyone can quickly login there (using your TF user / pass) and change their email address to a duff email, or click on "no emails from admin" etc and your account, and you'll never hear another peep out of it. There are a number of TF members now active there and anyone else interested in SEO etc is welcome. If your not, and I get the feeling most aren't then thats equally fine by me.

7/. There are a lot of people asking about stats - I have put some useful stuff here: http://www.talkfreelance.com/saleinfo/

8/. Please do not post any offers in this thread - they will be ignored and deleted!

9/. Attempting to start arguments will result in your post being deleted and members will recieve infractions for doing so!

Over and out.

Peace