View Single Post
09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Normo is offline Normo
Expertise:
Software:

Normo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Peter Avey View Post
I've been on this forum for 5 1/2 years, when Robson owned this forum he would run regular contests and they worked very very well. The folk who own Freelanceswitch run a subscription service on all of there websites. I'm a teenage freelancer and nothing absolutely nothing on talkfreelance.com has helped me or probably will ever help me. Selling crap designs for $30 in the market place ? That's not freelancing my friend, the only reason why i come here is for the community aspects.

clearly you have no idea on how to run a business
Yes and as I said I don't think that it would work in these circumstances. Contests are a good idea, but if you don't have the numbers to make it competitive then any prizes put into them are just going to be given away without much in return such as a rise in members/posts/threads/activity. And that is a waste of resources, which could be put somewhere more effectively used.

I hope I didn't sound like I was attacking you personally, I didn't mean to. But clearly if you are quick to accuse me of bad business strategy and cannot differentiate between a critical analysis of a strategy and me flaming you then you are being hypocritical.

Actually it was a little out of line to say it was a rubbish idea. I apologise. Every constructive idea is a good one at this point. I wanted to make my point clear but was obviously a little forceful.