View Single Post
11-08-2005, 05:24 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

ok first let me say that I understand what you mean. to me padding should like the padding on a padded cell - keeps the contents of the box away from the edges without adding to the actual width of the container. Unfortunately the way that it makes sense for it to work *isnt* the way it works. I don't know why, but I follow the standards.

(a lot of browsers do make use of the Internet Explorer Engine and build from it, adding features; MSN Explorer most prominantly)
MSN Explorer is made by Micro$oft. It's a slightly prettified version of IE with MSN integration features added. It doesn't count. Partly because of that, partly because nobody uses it.

Whether every other browser(...)does it the wrong way or not does not make the right way wrong?
I'm still trying to figure out if that was good sentence structure or not
The fact that every other browser follows the standards set by the body that is responsible for maintaining standards on the web makes every other browser right. Simple

I will add to this post but unfortunately I now have to run off to do a 3-hour I.T. exam