View Single Post
01-14-2005, 09:08 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Pool.com is hard to beat. I'm not sure how you can backorder and register a domain faster or quicker than pool does.

To create a script/website better than pool.com would probably be in the range of around $10k-$15k.

Security would have to be incredible, payment processing would need to done via a proper merchant account which can set you back $500-1,000. This would need to be done through your own bank.

Pool.com uses a very advanced system that your average programmer would probably take a while to implement, time equals money in this game. They also have so many additional features, a complete auction system etc.

On top of all of the backend work you will need a great design and the coding of every page, i would imagine at least 10+...that alone would be around the $1,000 mark.

It's a incredible project, too large for me to even think about tackling and even if you did spend that amount getting it developed, you would need several thousand to market it substantialy. I don't think you could do this on your own and i don't think you have the funds to compete with the big boys.