View Single Post
10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
Do potential buyers of TF also know you have the entire userbase and a lot of the posts on another website? Personally, if I knew that the forum was replicated onto another website, I wouldn't be interested in buying at all...
Yes of course I'll be totally upfront about it.

I am also fully aware that any bids will be lower because of this. However, as a TF member, you know that "most" TF members will not be interested in this forum, and as you can see its totally different from TF and its very unlikely to have any impact on TF in that user will just transfer where they go. Maybe some will visit both, but as a TF member, you know that they won't drop TF for SSS.

You also know, as well as all other TF members, how little time I have had for TF, and therefore by loosing me, TF looses nothing and has everything to gain.

Any Non TF member will not assume this and will factor in a lower price, enabling TF members, if they are so inclined, be able to pick TF up for a much reduced price.

I'm sure you are of the same thought that TF with its huge user base and dedicated core following etc, could be made into a very big forum very quickly, if the right person buys it.

All these factors are unknowns to a non TF member, and they would be wary of it. TF members will know the score, and as such one of them, will hopefully purchase it.

I think you would all prefer an exisitng TF member to purchase the forum for obvious reasons - therefore I see the above situation of what I have done to make this a much likely scenario.