View Single Post
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM
AndyKerr is offline AndyKerr
Expertise:
Software:

AndyKerr is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyKerr

Old  Google disabled advertising on a website of mine..

So I received a message from Google stating that they had disabled adverts on one of my websites, because upon review.. they *noticed* that some content was copyrighted.

I initially stated, that I would highly appreciate a quick email before they shoot off making accusations about copyrighted material. (I'd like to think i'm fairly respected with Adsense, as I have high $xx,xxx in earnings overall)

They gave me an example to content, which is not even copyrighted. (I use that term, in the sense that typing the name "Microsoft" or posting a logo of "Apple" is copyright.. I have never received any contact from said company about it.. it is absolutley NOT an issue.. at all). I told the Adsense team, I take copyright infeingement very seriously. Perhaps they should let me worry about copyright claims, and they just stick to showing adverts on my website. If a company was to email me about any copyrighted content, I would remove the content immediatley. (Btw, it's not like it's a small site that is just hiding from the company's eye.. the site receives around 2,000,000 page views per day)

I guess down to their shear ignorance, i'm likely to lose out on several days earnings.. and possibly even losing the advertising for that domain permanently.

Brilliant.

Had to get that off my chest.. and to possibly see what people's views are on what's going on?

I guess alternatives are to look for alternative advertising companies. On a seperate note, ValueClickMedia wont reply to any of my emails.. so it looks like i'll be giving them a call in the morning.

Andy