View Single Post
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi jd,

Thank you for asking. We do indeed have a lot on our plate, however, I knew this was going to be a part of the deal, so nothing to complaint about. I already had a few conversations with some of the long-time members via PM, and as of this moment we still discuss some of the ideas. At this point we have very clear objectives for both short and long-term.

Short-term, the top priority is to bring back the good old spark through: (a) reconnecting with members (newsletter is in the works), (b) content (working on bringing back quality discussions), (c) little SEO work (scheduled to speak with one SEO professional today actually), and (d) re-branding with completely new GUI that this community deserves, with it being both serious and mature. I find the last is important and directly reflective of the overall level of crowd and activity it would draw in. Regardless, I can say that the objective for the new GUI will be the creation of a bright and functional space, with focus on content, as if you were to be designing your own office, walking away from heavy graphics and clutter.

One of our very initial goals was to understand the structure, both informational and organizational, as well as learn and improve on tactics to combat spammers and shills. You've seen in one of the other threads that the mission was accomplished in regard to a large group of shills. As far as forum structure, I think this will come with time when I see how members interact and which forums/subjects are most/least active.

Long-term, while I'd love to present all the ideas, it is a bit premature to be constructing something very specific. However, its not too early to fantasize, and as I told some of the members through PMs, some of these ideas include creation of sectional content to this site as a whole which might include a blog with paid writers, a tutorial section with editorial control for quality assurance, where submissions will get paid for, tools and legal templates members might find instrumental in their work, as well as other webmaster tools and services.

Most of our short-term plans should be accomplished in 2010, and I see real growth taking place on this forum in 2011.

I hope that answers your question. Back to work for me.