View Single Post
03-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

I can remember passwords up to 30 characters fairly easy after a day or so of using them. While I type in the first 4 or 5 characters my fingers know where to move to finish the sequence so I don't have to actually try and recall every character although I can recall the password from memory if I need to. A year and a half ago 1 of my friends had me play his World of Warcraft account for a weekend with someone else we know while my friend was away. Last week he asked if by any chance I remembered his account info because he forgot both the username and password since it had been over a year since he played the game, I told him what it was, and he was surprised that I still remembered both his account name and password

Originally Posted by RaZoR^ View Post
Geesh Impluo, you little social engineer!! Yeah, you must also remember that if you have a password which can be recovered by entering your personal data and/or a secret qquestion, then you need to keep the answer secure, even unrelated, maybe enter fake data (remembering what you entered somehow) or use a different password for the email account that the new password or the recovered password will be sent to.
Yep, I keep my secret password/question completely irrelevant. There is a very slim chance I'll ever need to use it and I should remember the answer depending on the question (even though it is completely irrelevant it will make sense in my mind ).