View Single Post
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

his first post speaks a large amount of truth:
  • you don't see a lot of versitile (what he should have said instead of original) design styles. my friend works at www.tmdesign.net. he's got a very diverse skillset thanks to his background in traditional art. his work looks the same; it should, it's consitant to the company image and the kind of people they are targeting. it's the same way 2advanced's work looks the same or why my work all has similar characteristics. but it's not trendy.
  • design is also pointless when it's all the same. design is just an artform. art is meant to be expressive; to be versitile in shape and form, to be a unique representation of the artist. making coockie-cutter templates using the latest trendpops isn't unique or expressive.
  • it's time to stop doing this
  • there are 2 kindsof artits; commercialand starving. he seems ot be the latter, because he's having trouble finding the peole that know the worth of solid design and are willing to pay for it; because the industry has been saturated withthese $20 cookiecutters and people undervalue the profession - they want quality but won't pay for it because they can abuse 15 year olds for trendy garbage.
  • most web sites are badly designed

those are the points i got out of his statement, and i'd like anyone to try and argu against them. i really would.

and picking on a guy because of english skills? low.