View Single Post
03-11-2006, 12:21 PM
mdempsey is offline mdempsey
Software:

mdempsey is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mdempsey Send a message via MSN to mdempsey

Old  MyFreelanceAuction.com - For sale?

Hey there. I hope you've heard of or visited MyFreelanceAuction.com, I visited it for the first time in about a week, today. I have exams in a few weeks and absolutely no time for it at all. It needs more promotion and someone with some knowledge to convert visitors to revenue.

I'm not formally selling the site, I just want to know what it might fetch to see if it would be worth selling. It's my pride and joy and I get great feedback all the time, I think it's got much more potential if someone else takes it on.

I recently added a few more features, such as the ability to add comments to auctions - hopefully that will encourage more of a community and more people coming back. I am currently not advertising it at all, but still get around 60 uniques per day:

A few stats from the custom backend admin panel:

Total Members: 434
Total Unique Bidders: 149
Total Bids: 212

Total Auctions: 48 (31 active auctions + 17 auctions ended in the last 7 days)

I'm not making a lot of money from it. When I had time for it I was getting paid ad links at the bottom of pages, these fetched $5-15 per month but I haven't got any new ones recently, and there are still ones there which should have expired. Google adsense I've made USD19.34 since launching a few months ago, not really a lot - I feel there is much more potential for money if exploited properly.

Basically I'd like a value on the site, if it's worth anything and if it's worth selling. I'd also definately be interested in someone with great experience in advertising and making money from the site, to help me monetize it, and be paid for it or a percentage or something. I'm open to all ideas.

Any feedback is appreciated.