View Single Post
01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i have no interest in the other two, so i would come up with a ****ty business plan, but for webdesigns i'd make sure to have:
  • registered company name
  • strong branding strategy - effective slogan, catchy logo, print essentials (letterhead, business cards)
  • (at least one)skilled designer - capable of doing a range of things from web to print to digital graphic design at a high quality. if it's not applicaple, one for each specified area
  • (at least one) skilled developer - one capable of at least high end (x)html and CSS (not because it's cool, because it can actually increase performance)
  • back end dveloper - if it's not the same guy, someone to do backend work
  • sale manager - someone to handle all the business arangements, set up initial contract specifications, go looking for clients etc
  • someone to keep the books, or an accountant for short. eomployees need to get paid, and i need to keep trakc of where my money is going
  • if funding allows, i'd contact a lawyer for all my legal issues, such as initial contract drafts, copyright material, things like terms of service and privacy policies
  • specified target audience - online, realtime business, bands, education related etc
  • method of payment - i can only see using paypal for online transfers

there's more but that's all i got off the top of my head.