11-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Instead of throwing this one into the marketplace, how about someone takes the bull by the horns
I don't think anyone in the current staff team has either the time (that generally seems to be the excuse, "real life") or the willingness to push the contests here into something exemplary. If I'm mistaken, great and I wish whoever it is (or they are) best of luck.

Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Build that front page portal I keep talking about again and again, and have a special section in it for current contests. Get that newsletter running and advertise contests.
I'm sure a portal environment for the front page would help to filter and feed people into interesting areas of the site rather than just presenting a huge list of forums. Highlighting contests in this area would, theoretically, help the situation with that particular aspect of the site (which doesn't exist any more). My main reason for replying to this topic however was to highlight the point made about a newsletter. There is one forum that I only visit because I get an email every Sunday at midnight detailing things that are happening on that site. I visit here a lot, but even so a weekly email about the interesting goings on would help me and the thousands of others who visit here (or don't but an email newsletter would prompt them to visit).