View Single Post
02-09-2006, 05:40 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Rimfire
You are right about the fact that most do not have families to support, but then again what makes you think you can support a family offering freelance design work or trying to sell your paintings? My suggestion to you would be to get a real job if you do not already have one. Do not rely on freelance work to pay the bills, think of it as a pastime that will generate a small amount of income or "Pocket Money"; Not as your sole source of the green stuff.
I support myself quite well with freelancing. I take offense to you implying it's not a "real job." If it's not for you, I'd have to make a reasonable assumption that you're not good enough at it, in a business sense, to have the same reality. Freelancing is business just like any other job. If you're just looking at it as pocket money then you're obviously not taking it as seriously as a lot of us here do. Doing freelance work part-time because you want to is perfectly fine. But acting in a condescending way towards someone who intends to make it their living is unacceptable and arrogant.