View Single Post
07-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

That's the single most obnoxious sentiment I've seen on this subject. I really hope you're not serious about wanting to screen only folks who meet your definition of "worthiness". Wow, Artashes, your new staff really have their heads screwed on!
Thanks for your input. Though may I recommend instead of bashing thoughts and suggestions in a bigheaded manner, maybe supply something worthy towards the thread?

In my view It's impossible to select a few people to judge what's worth to be placed in our marketplace, as many have said no one here is to judge what is actual 'quality' because it's all based on opinion.
I don't buy that argument. Judging whether or not a design is rubbish is 9 times 10 common sense, and just because it's not liked doesn't mean it wouldn't pass criteria.

It would be very unprofessional to judge designs to be chosen, even if you picked a group of people who were qualified who's right is it to say something is good and something isn't, it would offend more people than do good.
Why would it be unprofessional? It probably would offend a minority, but that minority is nothing compared to those who actively seek good quailty.

You have a fair point and I agree. Then really to prevent low-quality designs and etc is very hard to do. As pointed out on the other page a post limit will only lead to spamming. Maybe set a longer wait period to start selling? I think Digital point's rule is 14 days.. but they aren't exactly famous for their quality.
I've always seen waiting periods as an inadequate way of preventing spam. It's basically putting the prevention of spam before usability and users.

Thanked by:
Salathe (07-26-2010)